Welcome to Family Friendly Fort Lauderdale! As we approach the New Year, it’s the perfect time to reflect on all we’ve accomplished and plan for what’s to come. Celebrate the end of the year in style with these 3 fun activities:
- Ring in the New Year with a bang at an outdoor fireworks show. Enjoy the dazzling displays of color lighting up the night sky with your family and friends.
- Gather ‘round for Auld Lang Syne at a New Years Eve party.
- Dance the night away at a lively gathering of friends and neighbors.
- Launch 2023 with a special dinner. Enjoy a delicious meal at one of the many restaurants around Fort Lauderdale, and make sure to raise your glasses to toast the New Year.
No matter how you decide to ring in 2023, we’re sure it will be a night to remember. Have a safe and happy New Year from Family Friendly Fort Lauderdale!
Stuff You Won't Want To Miss This Week:
- Do you have your New Year's Eve Celebration planned out? There's lot to do and see on Himmershee!
- Family Activities: 4:30-8:30 p.m.
- Kids Countdown: 7 p.m.
- Live Music | Big City Dogs: 5:30 p.m.
- Live Music | Juanabe: 9:30 p.m.
- Anchor Drop Countdown: 11:59 p.m.
- Live Music | Juanabe: 12-1 a.m.
- And New Years Eve is not just for the adults/big kids. MODS will be popping with its own 'Ball Drop' at Noon. There will be a full day of fun from 10am to 5pm. (Free with Admission)
- Last Day (Thursday) - to catch the Cirque Dreamz Holidaze performances at the Broward Center. This is Broadway-style musical infused with contemporary circus artistry into the ultimate holiday gift for the entire family. (Tickets)
- Also not too late (Thursday) - for the State Ballet of Ukraine will present Sleeping Beauty at the Broward Center. This is one of the most beautiful, festive, and cheerful ballets; Tchaikovsky said: "Sleeping Beauty is perhaps the best of my works." (Tickets)
- Friday it's Neighbor Day at the NSU Art Museum. Fort Lauderdale residents receive FREE admission to NSU Art Museum as part of Fort Lauderdale Neighbor Days. (Free)
- If you aren't sleeping in Sunday morning, stop by Las Olas Oceanside Park for the the Sunday By The Shore Market. Guests are invited to bring a picnic blanket and lawn chair and enjoy a rotation of live music and interactive experiences in a picnic brunch setting, a Shop & Stroll market, enjoy a variety of lawn games including pickleball, checkers, tic-tac-toe, corn hole, and more. (Free)
- Or... (also Sunday morning) get out in nature with a first hike of 2023. Starting at 10:30am folks will be hiking through Hugh Taylor Birch State Park. Join Rangers Falon, Jackie and Terry on Sunday, January 1st for interpretive walks focused on Native Plants and their Medicinal Uses; Forest Bathing and Maps & Compasses. (Free with Park Admission)
- Are your children into E-Sports? It used to be basketball practice or soccer games on the weekend. Now the younger generation dreams of playing professional E-Sports. Broward County Library has 4 upcoming sessions - an Intro To League of Legends. Training starts January 4, 11, 18, 25, 2-4PM, Northwest Branch. Explore e-sports, video games played in an organized, competitive environment, at this new weekly event. For more details, please call the library at 954-357-6599. (Free)
FEATURED FORT LAUDERDALE
There's a saying in our house... only boring people are bored.
So if you are wondering what there is to do here in the greater Fort Lauderdale area - this week, next week, or throughout 2023... you need to get the book 100 Things to Do in Fort Lauderdale Before You Die.
Christiana Lilly leads readers through the city’s historic landmarks, dining gems, quirky shops, and culture scene that makes the city so special.
Do you have a favorite event, place, business, or organization you would like to see featured on the podcast? HIT REPLY and let us know!
So... You Think You Know Fort Lauderdale?
You probably know... that right in the heart of downtown Fort Lauderdale and in the middle of the City's famous Riverwalk, sits Huizenga Park. You've maybe seen the dogs frolicking together at dusk, or the many City events that are hosted there on the weekend.
Over the holiday break - we are giving some time off for our Classifieds section as we rebuild it for the New Year.
What does 2023 have in store for you?
- More fun listings fro businesses who want you to visit and are offering great deals to entice you.
- How about a job board with listings for folks who want to work locally?
- Giveaways with prizes and contests to reward you for your support
- What else would you like to see?
Quote Of The Week
To attract something that you want, become as joyful as you think that thing would make you. ~ Martha Beck
Flotsam & Jetsam
Tell Us How We Are Doing
We are working to improve #FFFTL every week, both for your reading experience and to provide a cutting-edge media apprenticeship opportunity for our learners. We want to hear from you. What do you love? How could we do better?
And most importantly, what FTL businesses and experiences should we be highlighting?