In this week's basket of goodies, we are sharing (and that you won't want to miss):
- Lots of markets to pick from this weekend, by the ocean, by the river, or at Woodstock? 😱
- Be at the game or be on ESPN?
- Did you know today us Never Give Up Day? (Tell us how you are delivering on that promise...)
Things You Won't Want To Miss This Week:
- TODAY (Thursday the 18th) is officially Never Give Up Day! What will you do today to celebrate and cultivate that mindset of determination and intention.
- Friday night it is Summer JAMZ at Mills Pond Park. Starting at 7pm, jam out to hottest, end-of-summer concert featuring Tank, Mýa, Lil' Mo, Christopher Williams, Ruben Studdard, and the Deep Fried Funk Bank. (Free)
- Saturday morning is a great time to join MODS for their Beach Clean-up from 8am-11am at Dr. Von D. Mizell-Eula Johnson State Park. And if you want a reward for all your hard work (little ones and big kids too), Saturday night is Kids After Dark at the Museum. (Free for Beach Clean-up; Paid for Kids After Dark)
- If you love Markets, this weekend is for you! First is the Saturday Farmer's Market at Las Olas Oceanside Park from 9-5pm. Then from Noon-4pm, it's the Woodstock Music & Art Fair Market! Sunny Side Up Market has partnered with Society Las Olas to offer downtown Fort Lauderdale a Woodstock Music & Art Fair Market! Come join us with local vendors and artists! (Both Free)
- Sunday it is the Open Air Market in Old Fort Lauderdale Village. Enjoy browsing handmade goods and treats on the historic campus, in a socially distanced atmosphere, in front of the New River Inn (231 SW Second Avenue) and along the Riverwalk. (Free)
- While you are on the grounds of History Fort Lauderdale, stop in to check out “TRANQUIL TROPICS: THE ART OF TIM FORMAN & FRIENDS” (on display from July to September). (Paid)
- Sunday afternoon, it is the Illuminati String Quintet at ArtServe. Performance starts at 3pm. Monty Bloom and his Illuminati Chamber Ensemble perform a concert featuring Schubert's iconic String Quintet in C Major. (Paid)
- This weekend InterMiami will be hosting Toronto. You COULD watch is on ESPN... or you could just go to DRV PNK Stadium and be one of the crazies on TV! Game starts at 8pm. (Paid)
Featured Fort Lauderdale
Would you like to see a Job Board as part of our weekly rundown?
One thing we've been thinking about adding to #FFFTL and our weekly newsletter is a job board, and specifically to help support our family-friendly businesses and organizations in greater Fort Lauderdale.
Do you have a position you are looking to fill? Are you seeking your next great adventure?
Let us know - and we will build it for you.
In the meantime, you might be interested to know that on Satureday from 10-2pm at FLA Live Arena there will be a Part-Time Job Fair for folks looking to pick up extra work. There are a lot of employers looking to fill their schedules. Who knows what that extra position might turn into! 🤔
So... You Think You Know Fort Lauderdale?
There are TWO Boathouse/Boatyard venues in Fort Lauderdale... one off Las Olas and one near the 17the Street Bridge.
Can you name which one this photo is from?
Do you have a favorite restaurant you would like to submit and see if you can stump our readers? HIT REPLY with your ideas.
- Did you know that Batch, The Cookie Company was named for having the best dessert in Fort Lauderdale? That's not just our opinion. Check out the full list of categories for Fort Lauderdale Magazine's 2022 Winners.
- Fogo de Chao is opening on August 19th in DowntownFTL at the base of the Main Las Olas. Fogo will be open for lunch, dinner and weekend brunch. Visit fogodechow.com for more details.
- Big shoutout from the Dragons at AAFTL. We want to thank Deb, Kenneth, Christa and Christina, Riccardo and Marta, Lacey, Benny and Fanya, and some of our anonymous donors who have been helping us build out our library. And thanks to Lyndie for the idea of sharing our Amazon Wish List as a way of letting folks know what we need. 😀
- Are you a maker ready to get your hands into the clay? Come try a Beginner Pottery Class with Mingo Pottery Studio.
- Usually reserved for adult evening shows, did you know the mermaids at B Ocean Resort also offer a family friendly show?
Flotsam & Jetsam
It's Back-to-School time. Want a quick/easy idea of what YOU can do for your child to pre-pave a growth mindset day? Here at AATFTL we love the folks at Big Journal for all their fun shareables. This week it's Confidence Boosting Lunch Box Notes.
Tell Us How We Are Doing
We are working to improve #FFFTL every week, both for your reading experience and to provide a cutting-edge media apprenticeship opportunity for our learners. We want to hear from you. What do you love? How could we do better?
And most importantly, what FTL businesses and experiences should we be highlighting?