We have a short list for this week's basket of goodies:
- Fun on water (at night, on the beach, or even on ice)
- Food Trucks and Tents are back at Peter Feldman Park
- Did you know THIS 👇 about ways that Fort Lauderdale is famous around the world?
Things You Won't Want To Miss This Week:
- Starting Thursday Night through Saturday, visit the Broward Center for Performing Arts to catch Disney On Ice: Frozen and Encanto. Step inside the magical adventures of Disney's Frozen and Encanto as they are brought to life like never before at Disney On Ice! (Paid)
- Friday night the Food Trucks are back in action for Food in Motion at Peter Feldman Park. From 6-11pm, there will be Food Trucks and Tents, a pop-up artisan market, playground for the little kids and a full bar for the big kids. (Free)
- Saturday. Saturday. Saturday nights alright... for paddling! Full Moon Kayak and Paddleboarding Tour. Paddle under the glowing sunset and the rising moon. Perfect for all ages and skill level. From 7-9pm. (Paid)
- Sunday is market day. Star in the morning at Older Fort Lauderdale Village with the Open Air Market (9am-4pm). Then stop by the Sunny Side Up Market in MASS District from Noon to 4pm. (Free)
- On a more solemn note - you can also observe the Anniversary of 9/11 Sunday morning starting at 8am. The City of Fort Lauderdale will host the Remembrance Ceremony to honor those who lost their lives in the terrorist attacks and pay tribute to the first responders who made the ultimate sacrifice. (Free)
Featured Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderale’s history is closely tied to swimming — after all, it was collegiate swimmers who trained in the winter who would encourage their friends to return with them for Spring Break!
The museum chronicles the history of swimming from ancient times to today. You’ll see 40 displays of Olympic medals, underwater photos of the Titanic, props from the “Tarzan” films (star Johnny Weissmuller called Fort Lauderdale home for a time), and more.
A $90 million renovation has begun that will include a new museum, rooftop restaurant and outdoor dining, scheduled to open in 2025. Meanwhile, the east museum is open. The adjacent Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Center opens in late 2022 with new pools and a stunning 27-meter dive tower, the tallest in the Western Hemisphere.
So... You Think You Know South Florida?
Did you know - the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival needs volunteers?
This will be the 37th year of the world-known film festival right here in our Venice of America. And to make it all happen, a bunch of volunteers are needed. This is a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience, network, see the films for free and hobnob with the film makers.
Join the FLIFF staff for the annual recruitment meeting and complimentary movie. Tuesday September 13 at Savor Cinema, and Wednesday September 14 at Cinema Paradiso (6pm for both events). Make sure you register ahead of time.
- Perspective. Is. Everything. Breadcrumbs offers a new and refreshing perspective on the parent-child relationship. Virtual Event. Thursday, September 22, 2022, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM EDT
- Would you like to place YOUR ADVERT HERE? Hit reply and we will get you started with a complimentary mention.
- And WHO'S HIRING? We also want to create a new section of the newsletter. So if you've got a position to fill, let our readers know and we will spread the word!
Flotsam & Jetsam
Do you live and breath checklists? We use them daily at Acton Academy, for everything from planning our SMART goals to making sure Studio Maintenance is done with excellence. And if you've read the Checklist Manifesto, you will know why when it comes to things that matter (life or death in airplanes or operating rooms, checklists are the way to make sure mistakes don't happen). Then you may like this checklist creation tool.
Check out the full gallery of all the different ways you can track things in a checklist format.
Tell Us How We Are Doing
We are working to improve #FFFTL every week, both for your reading experience and to provide a cutting-edge media apprenticeship opportunity for our learners. We want to hear from you. What do you love? How could we do better?
And most importantly, what FTL businesses and experiences should we be highlighting?