Here's your list for this week's basket of goodies:
- Wedding dresses made out of toilet paper?!? Better hurry!
- Healthy living options at on your bike, at MODS, and Huizenga Park this weekend
- High-end fashion in doll-sized packages... FTL is home to one of the world's masters
Things You Won't Want To Miss This Week:
- By the time you read this - it might be too late - but rush over to Hilton at Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort for this year's Toilet Paper Wedding Dress Contest (starts at 11am). The 16th Charm Weddings Toilet Paper Wedding Dress Contest Runway Finale Event is a competition where people were asked to create Wedding Dresses and Headpieces using only Toilet Paper, Tape , Glue and Needle and Thread! This event showcases the Top Ten Finalists from around the US and winners will be judged and announced on this day. The Grand Prize winner takes home $10,000. Emmy Nominee and Broadway Star Paige Davis will Host the finale! (Free)
- Friday night - how about a Sunset Cruise on the Water Taxi to end your week? Enjoy live music and a waterways view of "America's Venice" city of canals. (Tickets)
- Saturday from 10am to 5pm, it's the Wellness & Prevention Check-In at MODS. There will be health screenings, activities for the children, even a free IMAX documentary film. (Free)
- In the morning, motor over to First Street Cars & Coffee at the First Baptist Church. A fun event for all supercar fans complete with food and more! (Free)
- Also on Saturday, it's the Life Market at Huizenga Park from 11am-7pm. Bring your yoga mat. Support local ayurvedic practitioners & other holistic health professionals, vegan vendors, yoga teachers, local small businesses, and all of their amazing products and services. (Free)
- Sunday you can learn how to fix a flat, and fix your body... with the Bike Tech & Nutrition Session, hosted by Broward House at Downtown Bicycles. From 11am to 1pm. (Free)
- Sunday is also the day (weather permitting) for the Outdoor Mural Painting at the Free Arts! Family Day in Hollywood. Free Arts! Family Days use each monthly focus to encourage creativity and collaboration among families and friends. (Free and includes Gallery Admission)
- Sunday you have a selection of markets again, with the Urban Jungle Market at the Deck on 13th, or visit the Open Air Market in Old Fort Lauderdale Village, hosted by History Fort Lauderdale. (Both Free)
- Also on Sunday, you have the opening reception for Viva Fort Lauderdale, Celebrating Hispanic Arts & Culture with History Fort Lauderdale. (Free)
Featured Fort Lauderdale
The Greater Fort Lauderdale area attracts some of the world's foremost experts across all industries. But did you know that locally, Oakland Park is also home to Master Doll Couturier Ayal Armon?
Since he rediscovered dolls Ayal has literally worked on hundreds of outfits for dolls. The miniature couture that he elaborates and brings to life are made with a love and care that can only be born from the hands of a true master.
So... You Think You Know South Florida?
Museum Day is an annual celebration of boundless curiosity hosted by Smithsonian magazine. Participating museums and cultural institutions across the country provide free entry to anyone presenting a Museum Day ticket.
Locally, experience the stories, art and industry that built Fort Lauderdale with FREE tickets to History Fort Lauderdale. History Fort Lauderdale will once again, take part in Smithsonian magazine’s national Museum Day.
- Henry's Sandwich Station Now Open at Sistrunk Marketplace. For more information, visit henryssandwich.com.
- Perspective. Is. Everything. Breadcrumbs offers a new and refreshing perspective on the parent-child relationship. Virtual Event. Thursday, September 22, 2022, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM EDT
- Would you like to place YOUR ADVERT HERE? Hit reply and we will get you started with a complimentary mention.
- And WHO'S HIRING? We also want to create a new section of the newsletter. So if you've got a position to fill, let our readers know and we will spread the word!
- The Fort Lauderdale Police Department is hiring. If you are 18 or over, consider becoming a Detention Officer with the FLPD.
- OutFit Group Training Class. Join others for a unique workout. Working out daily at Huizenga Plaza.
- Next week our Acton community will be paddling with a purpose over at Las Olas Paddleboards. They have the right equipment for everyone in your group. And furry friend's are welcome too!
Flotsam & Jetsam
Here's a fun little tidbit. There is a lot of buzz lately about DALL-E 2 and the flood of AI applications that will create unique images based on the directions you give them. Heck... AI-generated images are even winning painting contests!
If you would like to try your hand at it - try the free platform Ostagram.com which combines an image you upload, with one of dozens of different image styles. The output might look a bit like this.
Tell Us How We Are Doing
We are working to improve #FFFTL every week, both for your reading experience and to provide a cutting-edge media apprenticeship opportunity for our learners. We want to hear from you. What do you love? How could we do better?
And most importantly, what FTL businesses and experiences should we be highlighting?